Learn About LEED Green Cleaning in Atlanta
Enviroclean USA LLC offers a LEED Compliant Cleaning Program in all of the
- Provide an appropriate staffing plan.
- Implement a training of maintenance personnel in the hazards, use, maintenance, disposal and recycling of green cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging.
- Use chemical concentrates with appropriate dilution systems to minimize chemical use wherever possible.
- Use sustainable green cleaning materials, products, equipment, janitorial paper products and trash bags (including microfiber tools and wipes).
- Use sustainable cleaning and hard floor and carpet care products meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credits 3.3: Green Cleaning—Purchase of Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials.
- Use cleaning equipment meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credit 3.4: Green Cleaning—Sustainable Cleaning Equipment.
Cleaning Products meet the following standards for the appropriate category (see
attached chemical list)
- Green Seal GS-37, for general purpose, bathroom, glass and carpet cleaners used for industrial and institutional purposes.
Disinfectants, metal polish, floor finishes, strippers or other products not addressed by the above standards meet the following standards for the appropriate category:
- Green Seal GS-40, for industrial and institutional floor care products.
Disposable janitorial paper products and trash bags meet the minimum requirements of
the following programs for the applicable product category (see attached product list)
- U.S. EPA Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for Janitorial Paper and Plastic Trash Can Liners
- Green Seal GS-09, for paper towels and napkins.
- Green Seal GS-01, for tissue paper.
- Janitorial paper products derived from rapidly renewable resources or made from tree-free fibers.
Hand soaps meet one of the following standards:
- No antimicrobial agents (other than as a preservative) except where required by health codes and other regulations (i.e. food service and health care requirements).
- Green Seal GS-41, for industrial and institutional hand cleaners.
Commercial janitorial equipment shall aid in reducing the building contaminants and minimize environmental impact by complying with the following requirements:
- Vacuum cleaners are certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute “Green Label” Testing Program for vacuum cleaners and operate with a sound level less than 70dBA.
- Carpet extraction equipment used for restorative deep cleaning is certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute’s “Seal of Approval” Testing Program for deep-cleaning extractors.
- Powered floor maintenance equipment, including electric and battery-powered floor buffers and burnishers, are equipped with vacuums, guards and/or other devices for capturing fine particulates and operate with a sound level of less than 70dBA.
- Propane-powered floor equipment have high efficiency, low emissions engines with catalytic converters and mufflers that meet the California Air Resources Board (CARB) or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Standards for the specific engine size and operate with a sound level of less than 90dBA.
- Automated scrubbing machines are equipped with variable-speed feed pumps and on-board chemical metering to optimize the use of cleaning fluids.
- Battery-powered equipment equipped with environmentally preferable gel batteries.
- Powered equipment ergonomically designed to minimize vibration, noise and user fatigue.
- Equipment designed with safeguards, such as rollers or rubber bumpers, to reduce potential damage to building surfaces.
We keep a log for all powered cleaning equipment showing date of equipment purchase and all repairs and maintenance activities, including vendor specification sheets for each type of equipment in use.
Chemicals are mixed using a dispensing system that meets the following list of criteria:
- Safe, spill-tight, permanently integrated head and bottle
- Backflow prevention
- Portable dispensing
- Duo flow rate dispensing (high-flow for buckets; low flow for bottles)
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Accurate dilution rates that can be verified
100% recyclable container Floor finish should be provided in plastic bladders which are contained inside a corrugated outer box made with a minimum of 25% recycled material.